Dynamometers for the Transportation Industry
From on-road trucks to delivery & municipal vehicles, buses, airplanes, trains, propeller-driven aircraft and more, many modes of transportation require detailed testing with dynamometer systems. To get the most of your equipment and ensure your test success, tap into Taylor’s experience and expertise in the transportation industry.
“Taylor takes the time to educate customers on what they are getting and, more importantly, the value over time.”– Hector Estevane, Coordinator of Maintenance Purchases at Kenworth, Mexicana, S.A. DE C.V., California
- Load test engines, electric motors and various drivetrain components
- Verify performance after rebuild
- Ensure a higher level of product quality that helps reduce warranty claims and satisfy customers
- One of the most important validation tools in a commercial and industrial vehicle production and/or repair center
- Evaluate vehicle capability, troubleshoot engine or other driveline component issues and validate performance prior to shipment
- Document vehicle performance with verifiable and traceable data
- Support preventive maintenance by inspecting and validating vehicle performance on a regular basis
- Used by car and truck manufacturers to simulate grade and measure drawbar loads
- Towed around a flat test track by the vehicle under test, with load controlled from a wireless, handheld controller
- Precisely control the amount of speed or load needed to accomplish the test while recording horsepower, temperature, time, distance, load and pressure data.
- Replace the need for costly mountain testing
- Provides security by allowing testing under real-world conditions to be done on a private test track
What’s Your Return on Investment?
It can only be a matter of months. For example, if the average fuel consumption for a vehicle fleet covering 20,000,000 miles (32,186,800 kM) per year can be reduced by just 2% aided by dynamometer diagnostics, the fuel cost savings alone would cover the investment in a chassis dynamometer in less than one (1) year.